So The Veggie Cooker got nominated for TWO One Lovely Blog Awards; yaay! As stoked as I am, since the rules for both are the same, I am combining the two into one blog entry 😀
If you haven’t visited their blog before, you are missing out on so much; both authors are food bloggers who post amazing recipes that is bound to compel you to go to your kitchen. Examples in point: the Bengali-cious Dhokaar Dalna from Aromas of my Kitchen and Korn Kambhakht from Binding Curry. Do they look delicious or do they look delicious? Seriously, go check their bogs.
Now the rules:
- Post to accept the nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Link to the blogs you nominate.
- Notify the recipients of their award.
- Post the rules!
Here goes 7 things about myself:
- Most of my life’s core principles are based on Bollywood movies. Be it Crime Master Gogo aka Shakti Kapoor from Andaz Apna Apna (Aaya hoon toh kuch toh leke jaaunga) or Rahul Khanna aka Shahrukh Khan from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Hum ek baar jite hain, ek baar marte hain, shaadi bhi ek hi baar hoti hai, aur pyaar…pyaar bhi ek hi baar hota hai)
- Actually I am inspired by all things Shahrukh – From the way he built his life from scratch, to the way he gives major relationship goals courtesy his flawless relationship with Gauri Khan, to his intense & impactful dialogues across his library of movies (Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kainaat usse tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai from Om Shanti Om / Main aaj bhi usse utni hi mohabbat karta hoon aur is liye nahi ki koi aur nahi mili … par is liye ki usse mohabbat karne se fursat hi nahi milti from Mohabatein / Vaar karna hai toh samne waale ke goal par nahi, samnewaale ke dimag par karo … goal khud-ba-khud ho jayega from Chak de India, to name few). At first these dialogues may appear fluff, but at the core of it most of them are actually quite true when you sit down to think about it.
- I am so inspired by the key takeaway message from the recently released movie, Baar Baar Dekho that right now if I was granted one wish, it would be to have a time machine – to go back in time and relive moments which will never come back
- When I am not cooking or watching movies and daydreaming about picture perfect fairy tale lives, I am found in the corner of my room, buried in a book
- I love purple and black – so much so that pretty much everything I own is either of the colours
- I find making desserts the most difficult, because adding the right amount of sweetness is always tricky
- I love cheese of all kinds. Except maybe for the Stilton ones
Blogs I want to nominate:
This is always so hard, because all blogs are so good! But to name a few off the top of my mind which have recently caught my attention:
- Savvy South Indian … for showing how simple meals can be jazzed and made special
- Heenie Blogs Food … for the ability in providing recipes in easy to follow instructions, regardless of the complexity of the dish
- Keralas Live … for the creative genius that complements every dish to perfection
- Super Duper Yumm Cooking … for the everlasting patience in ensuring that all recipes not only showcase a beautifully captured end-result, but equally well captured work-in-progress photos to help the reader understand the recipes better
- Masala Vegan … for posting plant based recipes, in vegan form. If you think being vegetarian is hard, try being a vegan and also holding a plethora of delicious vegan recipes to your name
- Mackmarie … for articulating the joys of life and recording her adventures in a captivating way
- Cook with Smile Blog … for all those yummy home-style recipes that makes my mouth water every time I visit the blog
Thanks again and happy blogging! xx