This recipe is killer good. The added component in the form of sun-dried tomatoes gives the pesto an extra something, and adding just the right amount of basil ensures that we respect the good old origins of this condiment.
I have used this pesto recipe for a lot of dishes, ranging from using it as a marinade to converting it into a pasta sauce to slathering it generously on my pizza base.
Super versatile and really easy, this recipe is a must have.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: 1/2 cup
- Sweet basil leaves: 1/2 cup
- Pistachio: 1/8 cup, toasted
- Parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup, freshly grated
- Garlic: 2 medium-sized cloves
- Salt: To taste (add after checking the saltiness of the sun-dried tomatoes)
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp, freshly ground
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1/3 cup
- Blitz: All ingredients except olive oil into a smooth paste
- Add half the amount of olive oil and blitz again
- Mix the paste, add in the remaining olive oil and blitz one last time
- Taste the pesto and add salt/pepper as needed
- Store the pesto in an airtight container; it will last for up to a week when kept refrigerated
Note: I like to keep my pesto in concentrated, semi-solid form, versus a more fluid one. If you prefer the latter, just add a tablespoon or two more of olive oil and give it a stir